After making that shirt, I needed a cute somethin'-somethin' for my little girl's hair. I had several felt circles left over from making this heart wreath, so I made this felt flower.
1. Cut five circles out of any fabric. I used felt (off the bolt at the fabric store) but you can use ANYTHING.
I traced mine using a plastic cup- they are about 3 inches in diameter. Adjust yours to how big you want your finished flower.
2. Fold your circle in half.
3. Fold it in half again.
4. Hand sew it across the pointed tip to one of your other circles (which will be your base). Use enough stitches that it stays firmly in place.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 three more times, placing each folded circle next to your previous one.
6. Finish with a cute button or other embellishment in the center. I used a brad.
7. Glue the barrette of your choice to the back. I used an alligator clip. Fluff as desired- or don't. This makes a perfect clip, or would look cute on a headband.
That's it! Easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy- as my daughter would say.
I'm Blog Hopping and linking up to some parties this week- so leave a comment if you're stopping by, and I'll return the favor!