This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch (or 1/3 cup flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks in a small bowl, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 to 4 ripe bananas
- Bake pie crust circles in muffin tins at 425 for 10-12 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Let cool, then remove to a tray or plate.
- Meanwhile, mix your custard. Begin by scalding your milk in a large saucepan. To scald milk, you heat it on medium-high to the edge of boiling (but NOT boiling). Steam should be rising from your milk.
- As it is scalding, mix together sugar, cornstarch (or flour), and salt in a small bowl.
- When milk is hot, pour the dry ingredients slowly into the scalded milk, stirring constantly. Continue to heat and stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat.
- Slowly pour about half a cup of your milk mixture into your egg yolks, stirring constantly. When egg yolk mixture is thoroughly combined, pour it back into the rest of the milk mixture, again stirring constantly. This keeps the eggs from scrambling and getting lumpy in your custard.
- Return to the heat and cook one more minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir gently until butter melts completely. Let cool in the pan until lukewarm.
- When custard has cooled off, slice bananas and place them at the bottom of your mini pie shells. Using a spoon, pour custard over the banana chunks and let set.
- Top with whipped cream