Top Ten Things to Do/See at Disneyland/ California Adventure
- Radiator Springs Racers- race over to Cars Land first thing in the morning and Believe it or not they actually run out of FASTPASSES for the day, so don't pass this one up or you'll be stuck in line for hours!
- Magic Morning Early Entry- With Magic Morning, Disneyland Resort Guests (with valid 3+ day ticket) enjoy one early admission on certain days to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations in Disneyland park for one full hour before the parks open to the general public on select days. Not everything is open, but you can get some things checked off your list before the crowds come pouring in!
- Big Thunder Mountain/Space Mountain/ Matterhorn- I lumped these together because they were all mentioned as the most fun and thrilling rides Disneyland has to offer. The last two times I've been, Big Thunder Mountain was closed so I can't wait to ride it this year!
- Collecting buttons/pins/cheap souvenirs- Why spend a fortune on souvenirs when there are so many fun, inexpensive ones to be had? Here are some great suggestions:
- Pressed Pennies
- Celebration Buttons (guest services)
- Mardi Gras Beads at New Orleans Square
- Fortune Cards from Pirate Red and Shrunken Ned in Adventureland
- Jungle Cruise Map
- Jedi Diploma (if chosen for Jedi Academy)
- Autopia Drivers License
- Fastpasses and Tickets- get crafty with them at home
- Hand-cut Silhouettes on Main Street
- Pictures (and pictures of ride pictures!)
- Pins for pin trading
- Buttons from Cars Land- last time we went we got several for free!
Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments!
- Soarin' Over California- we all love this ride! It's a great break from the heat, or just to rest tired feet.
- Pixar Parade- kids will love seeing their favorite Pixar characters in this fun parade through California Adventure. One blogger shared this tip: "Get a front table at the Napa winery, order a cheese and wine platter (soda for the kids), and get a great view of the parade!
- Splash Mountain- Everyone's favorite water ride! The best time to ride this with a short line is during one of the shows. Hop in line while everyone's watching and you'll hardly have to wait!
- Special Entertainment- Disney does special occasions in amazing fashion. For instance, did you know that 2015 is the Diamond Celebration at Disneyland? Everyone is celebrating Disneyland's 60th Anniversary with special shows, parades, decorations, food, and more. Read all about it here. If you're even thinking about visiting Disneyland, you will love being part of this special celebration!
- I am an affiliate for Get Away Today and have booked with them several times before I was an affiliate. Use code OCRAFTY and save $10 with your 2 night or longer SoCal vacation package (restrictions apply). Go here to book your trip!
- Character Dining- Everyone has their recommendation on when to do this, but everyone I've asked says it's well worth the money! Why wait in long lines to meet your favorite characters when you can have them spend time with your family right at your table? Our personal favorite time to do this is the morning that we leave, and we book breakfast at one of the hotels. That way we don't use up valuable park time, and we have a great and memorable ending to our trip.=
- Enjoy the Food- Disney is famous for its delectable treats. Here are the favorites mentioned in my survey:
- Monte Cristo Sandwich at the Blue Bayou or Cafe Orleans
- Mint Julep and Mickey Beignets at Cafe Orleans
- Corn Dogs from the Big Red Wagon
- Dole Whip near the Tiki Room
- Carnitas Nachos at the White Water Snacks (Grand Californian/CA)
- Ice Cream at Carnation Cafe on Main Street
What are your favorite treats?
So, that's it! Make sure your next visit to Disneyland Resort includes these ten things, and your vacation will be well on its way to being the most memorable yet!
Thanks to the following bloggers for their input:
Jessica at Team Wiking
Alicia at Snowstorm
Kayla at the Felicity Jar
Tiffany at This Bliss Life
Gwen at It Started in LA
Valerie at Maple Leopard