Once upon a time, there was a little girl who loved her mom, smiled all the time, and even endured her mom spending twenty minutes to give her a cute hairstyle!
That girl is 10 now instead of 5, but she still loves it when I make her a cute tshirt! The 4th of July will be here before you know it, and this Stars and Stripes Scrappy Tee is simple to make!
Here's what you need:
Plain white tee or tank (check Old Navy, Target, or Walmart)
Red and Blue fabric scraps
Needle and Thread
The process is easy.
- Cut your scraps into 4 inch by 2 inch strips.
- Lay them out on the front of the shirt as desired.
- Pin in place.
- Using a sewing machine or a needle and thread, sew the strips in place by sewing a rectangle around each strip. Don't worry about finishing the edges- the frayed edge is part of the charm!
- Sew 4 buttons on each blue strip by hand.
- Give to your little girl and watch her smile!