Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter ( I use Jif, but your favorite kind will work too!)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
12 oz bag Nestle Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
granulated sugar for rolling
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter or margarine until smooth. Add peanut butter and mix
until well combined.
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat till combined,
scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix till combined.
4. Add the flour and mix until smooth.
5. Carefully stir or fold in the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips.
6. If necessary, cover and chill dough until easy to handle.
7. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in additional granulated sugar and place on baking sheet.
8. Flatten each ball using the bottom of a cup or something similar.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Do not overbake.
Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
10. Makes about 36 cookies.
P.S. I'm linking to some of these parties this week- come check them out!