This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Give Inside Out to your movie loving friends or family by making this cute Movie Night In Gift Box!
I don't know about your family, but we have been anxiously awaiting the release of Inside Out on DVD!
The day it came out, I headed to Target to pick up a copy, since copies bought at Target come with 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes! Go grab yours or order yours here today.
While I was there, I decided to go all out and picked up some popcorn and candy to make the perfect movie night gift. I love that Target has everything you need to put your own movie night gift together.
To give an DVD in a cute and fun way, put together this "Movie Night In" Gift Box! It's easy to make with just a few supplies.
You will need the following:
- Two-sided Scrapbook Paper (one full sheet and coordinating scraps)
- Scissors and paper cutter
- Large decorative brad
- 24 inches of Baker's twine or string
- Paper scorer (optional but so helpful)
- Downloadable Pattern for Pockets
Please see the pictures above each set of instructions for visual help!
1. Cut an 8.5x11 sheet of scrapbook paper in half to have two 8.5x5.5 pieces.
Score each piece of paper 3/4 upfrom the short edge. If you don't have a scorer, simply fold your paper up 3/4 inch from the short edge and crease.
2. Overlap scored or folded pieces and glue in place. You should know have one long sheet with a somewhat flat section in the middle.
3. Fold your wrapper in half, making sure the side you want on the outside is facing up.
4. Round corners if desired.
5. Find the center of your front piece, and 3/4 inch down, punch a hole and insert your decorative brad. Secure brad in place.
6. Find the center of your back piece, and again, 3/4 inch down, punch a small hole and insert a piece of baker's twine or string. Do this by folding your twine in half, then pushing the loop through the hole and over the ends of the twine to secure. This should go up and over the top edge of the back side, and the end pieces will go over the top to wrap around the brad when the DVD is in place.
7. Using this pattern, cut two pocket pieces from coordinating scrapbook paper.
8. Score along the dotted lines on the pattern piece.
9. Fold and glue into pocket shapes. You're going to want to use a strong adhesive for the pockets, as they will be holding goodies!
10. Embellish pockets as desired. I only embellished my front pocket, but you could do both. For mine, I just cut a scrap piece of coordinating striped paper, made up a label, and glued both on. Then I put a glitter flower sticker and some baker's twine from my stash.
Here's what the back looks like. I put the Market Pantry popcorn here.
The front pocket holds some Inside Out stickers and some Market Pantry gummy bears in a baggie. You could include your recipient's favorite candy instead. Gummy bears happen to be my weakness :)
This is a fun way to give any movie as a gift this season, or really for any occasion!
Have you seen Inside Out yet? What was your favorite part?