Today I'm sharing a delicious gift you can share with your neighbors, friends, and your children's teachers this holiday season.
I'm a sucker for anything mini (well, except mini-skirts!) There's something so cute about something in miniature. So, these mini loaves of bread, paired with a fun card, make a perfect gift.
I like to give something that fits the season, so I make this Cinnamon Applesauce Quick Bread, though you could of course you any bread recipe you like.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spray your loaf pan(s) with baking spray (preferably the kind with added flour)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients
5. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and smooth top
This tastes great with some extra sugar sprinkled on the top.
7. Bake for 55-60 minutes for one large loaf or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(For mini loaves, I baked eight at a time for about 30 minutes, and it was perfect!)
Now, I bake it right in these ceramic loaf pans (I bought mine at Michaels).
I let it cool for about ten minutes, then remove the loaves to finish cooling. Then I wash out the pans and use them in packaging. I wrap the loaves in saran wrap, then put them back in the ceramic pans and tie everything up with ribbon for the perfectly presented gift.
I attach a gift card with this note, which you can download print out below: "No matter how you slice it, you're an awesome friend/neighbor/teacher "
Just right click on the images, then save to your computer. I usually open them in Word or Publisher and copy the image for each loaf I make.
Don't forget to make a few extra loaves for you- it's delicious, if I do say so myself!
Have a wonderful day!