Just in case you missed it, I'm re-posting the tutorial I shared over at Liberate Creativity.
Today I'm going to show you how to make a cute St. Patrick's day shirt. I know it's coming up quick, but seriously, this only took me a little over an hour to whip up! And the great thing is, you can adapt this idea, using different shapes, for any holiday!
Shamrock template (see below)
Green buttons- various sizes
Needle and coordinating thread, embroidery floss, or glue (if you don't sew)
1. Cut out your shamrock template to use on your shirt. I traced a clipart image. You can print out mine by right-clicking on the image below, then save it to your computer, resize as necessary, and print. Or just trace your own!
2. Trace your shamrock onto your shirt. (Shh---I used a pencil because I knew it would be covered up, but if that makes you nervous- go for the disappearing ink fabric marker from the craft store).
3. Determine placement of your buttons. I only had two sizes of buttons, so I had to adjust from my template a little.
4. Hand stitch each button to the shirt. This is EASY but a little time consuming. What worked best for me was to put a tiny dot of hot glue on the back of the button and press it into place. Then, after all the buttons were adhered where I wanted them, I used a needle and embroidery floss to attach the buttons to the shirt. Hot glue will not hold up in the wash, so this makes them secure. Feel free to experiment with fabric glue and such if you don't want to sew!
5. Put it on your little lass and let her dance around the yard. Or snuggle by the heater if it's still cold where you live :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Linking up to some of my favorite parties- and some new ones! Check them out here!
Pin It Now!