I love me some chocolate chip cookies! They are delicious and so easy to make. I know there are a thousand and one chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, but this one has become my go-to recipe.
All-time Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook
1 C. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (sometimes I add an extra 1/2 tsp.)
3 C. flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 12-oz bag chocolate chips
1. Cream together butter, sugar eggs, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl (or not, if you're me), sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and beat well.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop onto greased cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons (I use my 1 inch cookie dough scoop).
5. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies (unless you eat the dough in between batches)
I love 'em. They're yummy. They're easy to whip up for an after-school snack, or for a friend who needs a pick-me-up.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes!