****This Giveaway is Now Closed****
Welcome to a "special" edition of Scrappin' Wednesday- on Tuesday! I'm moving things up a day this week so I can have my Thanksgiving free!
If you've been reading my blog this year, you know that every week, I share a digitally-scrapbooked page that I created. It's really helped motivate me to catch up on my scrapbooking. So, I was super excited when I was contacted by the company that makes My Memories Suite, a top rated, best-selling digital scrapbook software. I was offered the opportunity a free copy of their product to use, review it, and give one away to one of you! (more on that in a minute-)
Many people use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for their digital scrapbooking. Those programs are great, but expensive- often prohibitively so. They also have a steep learning curve. So, I know lots of people are on the lookout for good alternatives to those programs. My Memories Suite might be what you're looking for.
1. It is affordable- the full software costs $39.97, and that includes a good amount of papers, embellishments, and such. If you use my coupon code that I'll give you later, you can save $10 on your purchase, making it even more affordable!
2. It is easy to understand and navigate. You can choose pictures and embellishments from the menu on the left, then use the menu on the right to edit them. On the page, you simply drag and drop.
3. You can use all the digital "stuff" you already own. This was a big concern of mine. I've spent a lot of hours, and a decent amount of money collecting digital scrapbooking kits, elements, word art, etc. I was worried I'd be unable to use them, but you can simply add them as a photo, or even import them into the program and organize them as you desire.
Remember this page from last week? All my own elements, created with My Memories Suite.
4. You can create other things besides digital scrapbooks. I used MMS to create a holiday card. (This is an old picture, so I'm not actually sending these ones out). It was so easy to do!
You could also use it to create a "slideshow" of sorts from a recent trip. You even have the options to share your albums by printing them, exporting as JPEG so you can have them printed, creating a hardbound book, creating an interactive "movie", or sharing on Facebook.
5. It is compatible with Windows/PC and MAC. If you're a MAC user, you've got a version just for you!
Now, the few concerns I have:
1. Pictures Pixelate. I have used other software that enables my digital elements to change sizes without pixelating. On My Memories Suite, I have to be much more careful in the dimensions I choose. It seems like there is less leeway there.
2. Albums v. Pages- I wish I could just create a page at a time, instead of having to create a new album each time. I currently have to create or open an album,create a new page in the album, and then save that page to the album. It's just not the way I usually work- sometimes I create out of order- my pages don't necessarily go together, so it's just clunkier for me.
3. I would love a "group" option for my elements/text, so I could move things all together. Though I hear that version 3 will be offering that.....
Want a Free copy of My Memories Suite? Simply visit MyMemories.com, choose your favorite kit/paper pack/element pack and leave a comment telling me what it is.
For extra entries: (please leave a separate comment for each!)
1. Follow Occasionally Crafty on GFC (1 entry)
2. Follow the My Memories blog here: (1 entry)
3. "Like" My Memories on Facebook: (1 entry)
4. Follow My Memories on Twitter (1 entry)
5. Blog, Facebook, or Tweet about the giveaway (1 entry for each)
Want it now? Use my coupon code to save $10 off your purchase, and a $10 coupon for the My Memories Store. Nice. The coupon code is STMMMS33532. This coupon code is good from today through....forever! It might make a great gift for the scrapbooker in your life!
The giveaway will be open until next Tuesday, November 29th at midnight Arizona time (Mountain Standard, I think). A winner will be chosen by random.org and announced on Wednesday, Nov 30th. Good luck!
Pin It Now!