I made mine more of an oblong lumbar pillow, but you could make this in any shape or size. Here's my pillow:
To make your own pillow, follow the directions below:
1. Cut two pieces of fabric to fit your pillow form, plus 1/2 inch on all sides for seams. I didn't use a pillow form, so I just kind of chose a size that looked good to me.
2. Placing your fabric right sides together, sew a 1/2 inch seam around all four sides, leaving an opening to insert the form or stuffing. Make sure to backstitch at the beginning and end.
3. Trim your corners and seams, then turn your case right side out. Use a crochet hook or something similar to poke out the corners, then press your case flat with an iron.
4. Use a ruler and a fabric marker or pencil to mark where you want your bows. I did mine in evenly spaced rows, but you could do whatever pattern you want.
5. Tie tiny "shoelace" bows (just like you tie your shoes). Even out the ends of the bows so they are all about the same, and singe the ends very quickly with a lighter to seal them.
6. Adhere the bows using a few stitches or hot glue. Hot glue won't hold up in the wash, so use stitches if you plan to wash your case at some point.
7. Stuff your pillow or insert the pillow form. Sew the opening closed using a ladder stitch (or however you prefer).
8. Place cute pillow on bed and smile!
I am linking up to some of my favorite linky parties: Go check them out here!Pin It Now!