I bought two t-shirts from Old Navy, on clearance for about $5, and cut one up for ruffles. I needed a lot of length to sew the diagonal ruffles, so I cut the shirt up one sideseam, through the sleeve, and up to the neckline. This left me a nice long length. I then cut five 1 1/2 inch strips.
I used a basting stitch on my machine, then pulled the bobbin thread to make the ruffles. I then pinned the strips in place where I wanted them.
Sorry for the poor quality. I really need a new camera.
Anyway, then I just sewed the ruffles on, trying to follow the line originally made by my basting stitch.
The bottom ruffle turned out a little goofy, but all in all, I like how it turned out.
Linking to some of these parties!
Check them out!